WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR RIDE
The weather in and around Whistler is generally sunny during summer months, with daytime temperatures around 20-30C. Nights can be chilly (5-15C), so plan to bring along some warm clothing. As in any mountainous region, weather can change rapidly and rain/wind storms are not uncommon.
- Bike Shorts. Padded biking shorts are highly recommended (worth buying just for your trip).
- Biking gloves are optional, but highly recommended.
- Shirts: cotton or light synthetic, long- or short-sleeved depending on temperature.
- Footwear: if you have a pair of biking shoes, bring them along with your pedals and we’ll set them up on your bike. If not, bring light-weight hiking shoes or tennis shoes/running shoes. We’ll put flat pedals on your bike.
- Rain gear: a light weight rain shell or raincoat.
- Fleece or light weight jacket for early and late season rides. Also recommeded for Early Bird rides.
- Small day pack, fanny pack or better yet a hydration pack especially on Full Day rides (depending on the ride, you may be packing your lunch).
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Swimwear (optional). On hot days there is always an opportunity to take in a swim in one of our many alpine lakes.